With the fast-paced digitization at bay for businesses and the increasing complexity of IT systems, the majority of organizations have come upon a common savior: IT service management. It has guided massive requirement certifications and ITSM skills, particularly in frameworks like ITIL.
ITIL frameworks were discovered back in the late 1980s. During those times, it was merely considered as a best practice amongst the IT service management groups. The framework has now undergone many major updates. The variant we have now is considered to be a gold standard among all.
If you are an aspirant trying to enhance your ITSM career and knowledge, becoming ITIL certified is the correct first step. However, before that, you need to be thoroughly rehearsed with the ITIL Certification Requirements.
Obtaining ITIL accreditation can assist you in better understanding and utilizing ITIL procedures and the framework. Furthermore, it can also boost your career and enhance employee value. If you are looking for a detailed ITIL certification course to learn better, check out
What you need to know about ITIL Certification
In today’s always-evolving digital landscape, efficient IT administration is vital for any company’s success. ITIL is one of the frameworks that stands tall for its distinguished approach to IT service administration.
Getting an ITIL certification not only brings the experts to the best practices in IT administration but also makes them more marketable when they finish their academic years and move to exposure to job aspects.
Understanding the prerequisites of ITIL
- If we are to have the conversation about requirements, the base-level ITIL 4 certification has yet to have any prerequisites whatsoever. After that, all of the consequent variants of the accreditation will first and foremost require you to finish the ITIL 4 foundation test first.
- The next big thing you need to consider is the ITIL managing professional accreditation. It is divided into two modules. There is create, deliver, and support in one module, while the other one drives stakeholder value. Both of the modules come with a different exam. Therefore, both of the exams need to be passed.
- Ultimately, the biggest accreditation is the ITIL master. It is a famous certification because of its requirement to accumulate over 17 ITIL credits. You must also submit an ITIL case study and pass an interview. In addition to all these, you need at least 5+ years of IT experience administering IT service administrative programs.
- The ITIL accreditation journey is stacked with the approach commonly known as building blocks. In this approach, each level is built off the previous one. The modular structure is designed in a way that aspirants can focus on their learning and be fully prepared for the tests while slowly and steadily adding up to their qualifications.
- However, aspirants should closely monitor the costs as they will indeed build up over time. While pursuing the highest certification, aspirants are required to monitor the pricing and the ITIL certification prerequisites strongly.
- With all these in play, the return on investment is the most valuable and sought-after accreditation, known as the ITIL certification.
Advantages of the ITIL Certification
While the cost of pursuing ITIL certification and the prerequisites might seem like roadblocks to the journey, the valuable advantages that you get from this certification make it all worth it:
- The ITIL certification by your side or on your resume will help you to be in the front seat of many IT service management job interviews. Hiring managers always look for it in your resume as it demonstrates that you are updated with the best practices in the industry and for IT service delivery. It grants you a competitive edge over the other aspirants to land interviews and jobs with excellent packages.
- ITIL skills are a must-have for many organizations and industries as they aim to enhance their IT efficiency. Therefore, having the accreditation opens you up to exposure to a broad array of jobs. The accreditation makes sure that you are qualified for fresh and high-level positions to expand your career path.
- The certified experts are often offered a high-paying package due to the increased requirement. Organizations are more prone to dig deeper to retain and hire new employees. The skill enables you to have more responsibilities on your shoulders and excel in higher positions that offer more roles and higher salaries. It ultimately lets you take action to that ‘maximizing plan’ quickly. Accredited experts also have more leverage when they are negotiating a better salary or raise, as they are the top requirement in the marketplace. The certification is one of the strongest weapons in your arsenal when negotiating a salary or a raise.
- The certification procedures are developed in a way that by the time you are done, you will be well-rehearsed in them and up-to-date with the best practices around the IT management industries. You also get taught how to efficiently streamline operations, align business objectives with IT, enhance efficiency and many more. Furthermore, you are also exposed to the new trends coming into the marketplaces as you pursue the certification. Being taught the international curriculum, you are rehearsed and honed to perfection that wherever you wish to go for the requirement of your services, you will shine! The accreditation pays dividends through further working opportunities, more excellence, and higher packages.
Here are some exam preparation tips
Get started early with your ITIL certification exam strategies. Utilizing the test preparation resources to help yourself understand the exam’s core concepts is a wise decision.
You would be relieved to know that the majority of the tests are multiple-choice based. Each of these tests is timed differently. And they require a set of marks to be passed. Therefore, check out the previous test papers and familiarize yourself with the questions and patterns.
Obtaining the different levels of ITIL certification comes with difficulties. While the ITIL certification requirements and the prerequisite are a strong concern, you should keep your focus on the main thing, which is cracking the exam in one go!